Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Book Review: The Muse


I haven't done a book review, and there are three reasons for that.

1. I am opinionated

2. There is no filter on these opinions. (yeah that’s right I'm an internet tough guy!)


3. Story addict right Here! I am not talking about loving books, heck I hardly remember the title or the author. But I could tell you every detail in the plot and the characters. So call me a plot snob, see if I care. It's all true.

My buddy Kenya likes my unfiltered feed back, and gave me The Muse to beta read for her. Mainly because it has to do with art, and I have about a foot and 3/4 in the art door.

To my surprise this book was actually kind of lengthy, but I didn't care (I never have time to read anything over 100 pages).  I started it one night before bed, and read right through the night. By noon the next day I had finished, still buzzing from its awesomeness!

Yeah that’s right, you heard me. I was drunk off this book, I wanted more but sadly it had to end. 


Check out the summary if you don't believe me:
On the first day of her nude modeling job, Elle deals with a corpse, an eccentric dark artist, his sexy brother, and a grandmother that can see someone's future by just touching their hands. Although these crazy distractions shove her on edge, it's just what she needs to mend her battered heart and forget about her ex-boyfriend. Besides, she does get to live in their castle for the whole three months.
Everything seems magical and perfect. Until more dead bodies are discovered.

There's something going on at night, right in the artist's garden. Under the moonlight, young women are being cut and sliced, and no one has a clue to who's doing it. And the more Elle is around the weird family in the castle, the more she realizes that they all are hiding secrets.


Now if that doesn't make you salivate then this will.

Excerpt:
“I’ll sacrifice for you?” I asked.
“Yes,” he whispered. “You’re going to give up something to gain whatever it is you need.”
This was the art world and Hex represented a true artist who saw the world in many layers of reality, so thick that a layer could be yanked away for a few seconds and analyzed like a book.
“Sacrifice.” I curled the word around my tongue and sucked in the bitter taste of it. “Why sacrifice?”
“Because in order to truly be free you’ll have to surrender it all. You’ll have to tear away all of the things that bind you to whatever is keeping you back from your passion.”

Good, right? Got your interest?

So here is what I liked about the book, I will try and stay away from spoilers:
-Elle. This main character is awesome! She starts out all damaged and a little meek, then goes from victim to kick ass hero! I love this girl, I can completely relate to her.

-Hex, he is so insane I love him. The perfect look at the price of a creative mind. Now not all of us are completely gone into the far beyond, but there is a price for what we do. Anyone that can create things from there mind, come up with new things out of the blue. That level of thinking has its danger zone, and Hex has spent a little too much time there.

-Hex's family. I love insane and strange families, it makes me feel normal. Plus they are all so well written, I love all of them.

-The ending, yeah I loved the ending. So read it to find out why I loved it, and no laughing at me. Don't make me pull out the Gremlin Cat!!!


Here is what I didn't like:
Ok so there was nothing I didn't like. Which is saying something, because I can always find something wrong. Even the littlest thing, but I just couldn't. I really enjoyed this book. All the characters were well developed, the mystery is awesome, the romance is perfectly timed, and the female lead kicks ass. What more could you want?


But the best, and I mean the BEST part of this book... is…… wait for it…..
It only costs .99 CENTS!!! Because the author is so very awesome and loves to share her work with the world.
So pay her some homage and check out Kenya's website.
While your at it go buy The Muse, read it, love it, and then read it some more.
Amazon and B&N

I would also like to give some love to the cover artist.


Such an Awesome job!!!

RATING

Till Next Time, My Sexy Demon Minions!!