Monday, January 20, 2014

Movie Review: The Haunting in Connecticut 2

It's been awhile since I have done a movie review, but I felt I really had to give credit where credit is due. So lets get this party started!

The only thing I love just as much as crime documentaries/drama shows are paranormal ones. 
Yep, I have the paranormal/supernatural bug. I mean come on, this stuff makes for really good stories and reality sucks.
 
In a fit a boredom I ended up watching The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghost of Georgia. 

First off I really had no interest in watching this, why? Because the freaking title makes no sense. It doesn't take place in Connecticut, and while it is still a movie based on a families account of a haunting, please tell me why we had to reuse the title "The Haunting in Connecticut"?

Is anyone else bothered by this or is it just me?

When a movie has a lame title that makes no sense or contradicts the movie itself, I just know I am in for a lame movie.

HOWEVER; I can admit when I am wrong, and I was completely wrong.
I really enjoyed this movie, more so then most paranormal haunting movies and here is why.
!!SPOILER ALERT!!
Don't read it if you don't want to know.

-The characters were awesome, love the family they all have their own personalities that just go well together. There is no over acting like in some movies (A Haunting in Salem). Even the little girl is awesome, and I love the sister. Who doesn't like a fiery redhead?

-The south, yeah I love the fact this movie takes place in the south. It was one of the only reasons why I gave this movie a chance. The south feels so rich with history, there is just something about the air where you can feel the magic, for lack of a better word.

-Sister Strung Up Scene,
this has to be the coolest thing I have ever freaking seen in a movie. When the sister first gets attacked I think to myself, "Oh yeah coughing up needles and stitches, predictable." Then when her sister finds her, Holy Hell! Coolest thing ever!! (yes I know I am insane. Refer to banner)

-Daddy Dearest. This guy gets the father and man of the year award of awesome!! I have watched tons, I mean tons of horror movies and paranormal haunting crap. Stuff most people would never even think of turning on. This is one of very very very few times I have witnessed the husband not turning his back on the idea his child can see ghosts. He is all for listening to his daughter and taking the word of the creepy old ghost that hangs around her. While the mother who can also see this stuff, turns her back on her daughter, makes her feel crazy, and drugs herself to get rid of the visions of dead people. Way To Go Dad! This guy is firmly placed in my awesome book with five gold stars!

So here is what I didn't like:
-Nothing.
Although the mother gets on my nerves from time to time with her denial game, I respect her reasons why. Plus she comes through in the end, and even though that is a very predicable thing for her character, it works.

Like the first movie I find this one to be one of the better haunting paranormal movies out there. Far strides better then Paranormal Activity or The Conjuring. It might not be up there with Stephen King, but it is worth a watch and has a happy ending. Which is rare in movies of this nature. Either the family is pushed out of the house overly distressed but happy for living. Which I find to be a load of shit. You know those people are going to be messed up for years. Or they end up dieing in the home. Seriously, I actually thought the mother was going to die at the end. How often do you see a movie like this without having someone die? It is rare even though it happens.

If you want a ghost movie that is going to creep you out, offer awesome ghost attack scene, and still has a happy ending, you have to check out this movie. It is worth the watch.

Till Next Time Movie Goers!