Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tutorial Tuesday: Lip Color Change

Every other week on Tuesday I'm going to put up a process post. Give everyone a little look into how I do what I do, and hopefully help out some fellow designers in the process.


Today is going to be super short because I have tons to do, but I promise it is useful. Changing lip color, it's something I'm asked to do a lot.


1. I start with my stockimage from 123RF.com. I'm using Photoshop CS3, now lets get started!
First use the lasso tool and select around the lips, then copy selection to a new layer. It doesn't have to be clean because we are going to mask out the extra.







2. Next, we are going to change the color of the layer we just made. To do that go to Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation. Now you want to make sure the colorize box is checked, then use the slider under hue till you get the color you want. 
To make it a little more believable or realistic I use blending modes. For this one I use overlay. Sometimes you might even need to decrease the Opacity of the layer. Play around with it until it looks good, and just ignore the overlap. We'll fix that next.



3. Time to clean up those lips. To do that apply a layer mask to the layer of the colored lips. Using a round brush with a soft edge erase out the overlap on the skin, and soften the edge of the lips. Also don't forget to clear out the section on the teeth. That is very important and often gets overlooked.
And there you have it, pretty lips with some bold color.





If there is something you would like to see, or any suggestions on what tutorial/process I should do next. Please comment below.