Tuesday, October 16, 2018

*Book Freebie* The Opsona Journey Series: Stage One by J.N. Sheats

★ FREEBIE★

The Opsona Journey Series: Stage One
3 Books in 1!
Paranormal Romance/Dark Fantasy
By J.N. Sheats


★ Buy Link ★

★ Blurb ★

"I would no longer be a mortal servant, a pet kept for sick entertainment. I had been chosen for initiation, to become one of the immortals…A vampire. 

My transition continued on far longer than any other, filling my body with a pain that was beyond the natural senses. After four days of writhing in the burning change I blacked out, and what woke in my place was not a vampire. It was in a word…Chaos."


No longer an average mortal Opsona warrior and far from a vampire, Serenity is an unnatural force that rivals anything found in the planes of the Underworld. An advantage that her master, Vondorian, uses in his quest to conquer the mortal world, while luring her into his bed with seductive promises. A flawless venture until the day she is struck down in battle.

Slain by a man with haunting greens eyes and hidden by shadows, Serenity has lived the last century of her immortal life with a nagging conscience. A lingering pest of a mortal voice conflicting with her vampire instincts, which only grows more unruly as Serenity and her master move to conquer the city of Tentusa. A small but important place nestled in a sacred valley, and Serenity's former home.

With the pull of her former life drawing out the mortal voice deep within, three centuries of loyalty between master and servant are put to the test. Serenity's disobedience grows stronger with each passing hour, and when a new stranger arrives things only grow more complicated. Which is stronger…Serenity's desires, the mortal voice, or the creature she fears within?

Cret is child of twisted fate looking for acceptance. Half Opsona, half demon. His demon father sees him only as an enemy, and his estranged Opsona brethren, protectors of the mortal world, use him for their own means.

In his need for Opsona approval he killed the woman he desired only to find she survived nearly a century later. Now he is face with an impossible decision. Kill Serenity and fall back into the hell of a world without her, or disobey his Opsona brethren and sentence himself to death.

Everything Cret has known, loved, and protected has fallen. Having failed his former teacher and master he is now faced with the aftermath of Serenity's rage, once she learns he was the one that struck her down in battle all those years ago.
The struggle between duty and heart has begun for Cret, and the innocent people of Tentusa are caught in the middle as the vampire armies arrive. Can Cret turn his back on Serenity, the woman that wants him dead, when she asks for his help?

"I had jumped so blindly at her request because it was Serenity asking, but could I trust her?" ~Cret~



★Excerpt★
~Serenity~
“The Vamdari are a myth,” I tried to play it off, fighting to regain my cool exterior but I was shaken by the information he just pulled out of me. "A legend that people use to scare children.”

Cret narrowed his gaze in my direction, a sly knowing laced those amazing emerald pools. I could deny the Vamdari all I wanted to, but it didn’t matter because he was inside my mind. The thought of him there among my darkest thoughts and secrets made me shiver as thoughts of him and me in heated battle turned to images of salacious interactions.

“Now who's playing games?” The words left his lips and he was on me. I didn't have time to register the movement. I didn't see him move at all.

Cret pinned my hands on either side of my head and pressed his body against mine, my creature purred at the dominance being displayed and growled to entice more sensual play out of him. I tried to hold it at bay, but the hint of lightly defined lean muscle under that thick gray clothing of his made it hard. I wanted him just as much as the creature.

The bare skin of his fingers trailed against my right wrist and instead of taking the opportunity to free myself I reveled in the heat that ignited from such a simple touch, which turned into a light caress as he ran his fingers along my skin. Lingering his tracing motion for a moment before tugging the cloth of my shirt sleeve down, exposing the flowing marks carved into my wrist. The lines twisted and weaved out into a symbol reflecting what we both knew.

“Vamdari,” he whispered locking me into his intense gaze, a strange hunger focused right at me with so many unspoken intentions. “You can't win at this game, Serenity.”

“That's because you're not playing fair.”

“What's wrong,” he asked moving closer, closing the distance between our faces to only a fraction of an inch. That hot honeyed breath of his scorching my lips with all their pleasured promises. “Can't handle the challenge?”


Buy Me A Coffee: https://ko-fi.com/jnsheats

#Halloween #Vampires #Demons #EpicBattles #DarkFantasy #PNR #SexyDemons #HotVampires #FreeBook

No comments:

Post a Comment